Mobility Scooters in Sarasota
When it comes to mobility solutions, electric scooters are in a class of their own. With different models that will cater to your specific needs, there is a scooter for every budget and application at Discount Medical Supply of Sarasota.
Mobility Scooters in Sarasota
Mobility scooters can provide newfound freedom to individuals that are struggling with day to day activities. They are a great way to regain independence. With so many mobility scooters on the market, it is tough to know which type of product is right for you. At Discount Medical Supply of Sarasota, we are committed to providing expert advice to make the decision process easier. There are several things to consider when choosing the best mobility scooter in Sarasota for your needs.
MOBILITY SCOOTER OPTIONS:
It is important to determine how you will be using the mobility scooter. Identifying your needs beforehand will allow you to choose the scooter that best fits your lifestyle.
- Portable Travel Scooters
This is a great option for frequent travelers that are on the go. Most models are compact and lightweight. They are typically fold-able for easy transport. This type of scooter is easy to maneuver and handles well in tight spaces. The portable travel scooter is typically the least expensive but is not suitable for everyday use.
- Indoor 3 Wheel Scooter
This type of model is perfect for home or office use. It offers a tighter turning radius and features a narrow base. It is a good choice for maneuverability in places where space is limited. Keep in mind that the 3-wheel scooter is not recommended for traversing rugged outdoor terrain.
- Indoor 4 Wheel Scooter
This is a good choice for comfort as it offers adequate leg room and seat size. It rides at a good speed and has a good battery life. Due to the larger size, it will not maneuver as easily as the 3-wheel scooter. It does, however, offer better durability and stability.
- Outdoor 4 Wheel Scooter
Outdoor scooters offer large motors with heavy duty tires, making them a good choice for use on unpaved surfaces. Headlights and backlit displays are a desirable feature on this model. This type of scooter is recommended for individuals that anticipate a lot of outdoor usage.
- Heavy Duty Scooter
This mobility scooter is built for larger framed individuals, with a weight capacity of up to 550 pounds. This unit features a bigger motor, wider base, and larger tires. It can handle any type of terrain and is great for riding on grass.
Being able to get around easily and comfortably is of the utmost importance. Consider the following features when choosing a mobility scooter:
- Tire Type: Air Filled, Solid, or Foam Filled.
- Assembled Weight: When assembled, scooter weights vary widely ranging from 50 lbs. to 200 lbs. It is easier to transport and assemble lightweight scooters.
- Turning Radius: This is the smallest circular turn the scooter can make. A tight turning radius allows for ease of operation and maneuvering around tight corners.
- Ground Clearance: The space between the base of the tire and the undercarriage. Low clearance provides a stable ride. Higher clearance is needed for outdoor use to avoid damage to bottom of the scooter.
- Maximum Recommended Incline: This indicates the amount of an incline that the scooter can safely climb. This is important to consider when using outdoor sidewalks and exit ramps.
- Weight Capacity: How much weight the scooter can safely handle according to the manufacturer?
- Maximum Speed: The fastest speed the scooter can ride is typically 4 mph to 5.5 mph.
- Operating Range: The distance the scooter can travel on a single charge varies from 8 to 15 miles.
- Battery Charge Time: The amount of time required to recharge a battery after it completely drains ranges from as little as 2 hours to overnight.
If your looking for mobility scooters in Sarasota, Discount Medical Supply is your top choice for mobility scooters. All of our products are certified brand new and come with a full manufacturer’s warranty. We carry an extensive inventory of the top brands at affordable prices and offer shipping. Contact us today.
Discount Medical Supply of Sarasota Florida
2045 12th Street – Sarasota
Sunday – Closed
Monday – 9am -5pm
Tuesday – 9am – 5pm
Wednesday – 9am – 5pm
Thursday – 9am – 5pm
Friday – 9am – 5pm
Saturday – 9am – 1pm